Monday, June 18, 2007

After Famine 30...

I hv done it!! I went through 30 hours of starvation, n i m alright..
Well.. honestly i dun really "learn" much from e camp, bcos e info given there r alr in my brain, inserted by my GP teachers as well as newspaper.. so i dun really feel shocked when i m exposed to e cruel facts related to starvation, poverty, AIDS, etc..

However, there r some feelings tt i strongly felt during e role playing. E following experience s based on my role n e camp... :

I m a Mynmar little girl, living in a family of 15. Only 2 of my siblings are healthy at e beginning. E rests hav AIDS, blind, mute, cripled or hv arm injury. I m born healthy, but my sibling (wanxin) s cripled, so she had to rely on me... we hv to go wherever together (v our legs tied together). So, as recommended by gov, we hv to go for vaccination. I was given money to go for vaccination, thank god.. our goal s to hv enough food, clean water and education.
However, e hospitals n schools n water n food stations r not alwayz available due to some reasons. I had to queue up n wait, sometimes i even wait for nth.. Finally i got my vaccination..
Erm.. my family s poor but i want to hv education. So i went to find jobs. Without edu, i cant find proper jobs. As i was walking, somebody approached me to do a high pay job, saying tt i dun hv to do much.. so my frien n i who r innocent n knew nth much, jz took up e job. Eventually, i knew tt e job s prostitution.. But e pay s high, n my family need food n money, i had no choice but took up e job. Out of my expectation, i got AIDS!!! so i had to go hospital on hourly basis. E money i earned from prostition s 2o, bt each AIDS treatment costs me 18!!! luckily my sibling who s a prostitute also didnt get AIDS, so she uses wat she earned for my treatment...

At this moment.. i felt quite sad for my role.. but this s wat s happening in many places in e world.. Kids hav no knowledge, no choice, no access to basic necessities.. n they r forced into prostitution, drug dealing, organ dealing.. things like that.. When my role s infected AIDS, i had to wear a black rubbish bag tt label me as AIDS patient. Although it was a role playing that lasted for a few hours only, i felt a bit "discriminated" when i contracted AIDS.. n luckily it only lasted for another 3 hours after i kena AIDS, if not i wont hv enuff money to continue my treatment, n i will die... n i understand tt in some those circumstances, ppl had no choice but to do illegal job!! i even thought of stealing n robbing if i need to continue my treatment.. this s how problems arise!!!

Alright now back to reality.. i m going to do a report on Famine3o tonight on FM95.8
Hopefully this can create some awareness for youths in singapore.. n do sth abt it...

No comments: