Sunday, March 08, 2009

药剂系学生的生活写照(一)Life as a pharmacist student..

This is one of my dispensing lab experiment. One of the most "troublesome" experiment-- i hope this is the most troublesome one, no more worse experiment pls.. Firstly, groups of three have to produce 8 creams of different concentration of certain type of base. In ONE morning.. It sounds ok since we usually prepare 2 types of medicine in a morning. In fact, it s more difficult! According to intruction, I had to add the water phase "slowly" into oily phase and mix thoroughly. So added in SLOWLY. After around 30mins of mixing, i found that my cream doesnt look like cream. It looks like water with a layer of oil floating on top =.= I asked Dr Morris, he asked me how i made the cream. When i said the word "slowly", he said, do u mean dropwise? i said, no.. >.< ok, i redo..

So i repeat the procedure, adding water-phase dropwise. Drop by drop. Really. After ONE HOUR OF MIXING,i finished adding in all, it looks like cream in some water, n with some oil floating above. Asked lab assistant abt it, she said, well, if u r asking me what to do,i would say "Redo". >.< NO WAY I DONT WANT TO REDO!!

SO i din redo..

Then, we put all the creams into individual agar tubes and petri dish.
Unlucky me had to take all the tubes back home, recording the diffusion rate every 8 hours =.=





I feel like i m a baby sitter who has to feed baby 3 times a day.
After the lab session....


Haiz, still have to wash the lab coat, like washing baby's napkin =.=

No comments: